It has been a while since any of us has traveled. The past year has not been easy for many of us, but it has certainly ignited an even deeper sense of wanderlust – to travel with a purpose again, to connect with new people and new places. We are ready to get back to what we love again, and we are here to assist you when you are ready to join us.
In accordance with our updated Health & Safety guidelines, we are implementing COVID-19 related protocols and strategies that are aligned with recommendations from local authorities and official international authorities.
Our primary priority remains the safety & well-being of our travelers, local partners and staff.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Trips
Volunteers arriving from countries with new Covid-19 variants (as per WHO website latest update) may be subjected to 14 days quarantine.
Arrival: All volunteers are required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival to Zanzibar at the airport. Volunteers arriving from countries that have high number of cases may be subjected to rapid test upon arrival (Rapid Test cost is $25 USD).
Departure: Depending on the destination that you are traveling back to, you might be required to present a negative PCR test upon your arrival. NomuHub will facilitate to all volunteers the logistics to conduct the test at the cost of the Volunteers (about $120 per test). Note that the test result will be given at a maximum of 72 hrs after conducting the test, and it is conducted by an authorized laboratory.
COVID -19 travel insurance
You are highly advised to obtain a COVID-19 Travel Insurance; it is your responsibility to obtain one. If you are traveling with Fly Emirates/Fly Dubai or OmanAir and have booked your tickets through their website, you will automatically have the insurance as part of the ticket coverage. Please check the availability period upon booking.
Traveling during the pandemic
With the challenges of traveling during these times, and the continuous changes implemented by local authorities at every destination, you are highly advised to continuously check for these updates through your airlines and local authorities in your home country.
COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
- The applicant agrees that in the past two weeks:
- Did not experience any symptoms that are associated with COVID-19 such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- Did not expose to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the COVID-19.
- The Applicant agrees that NomuHub will not be liable to any cost or refund that is associated with COVID-19, this includes and not limited to:
- Cancelation due being infected with COVID-19.
- Cancelation due governmental restrictions.
- In the case that the Applicant is unable to attend the trip due to any of the reasons mention in clause 13.2(i) and 13.2(ii), the amount paid will be held as credit to be used for future trips in the same destination booked. Note that the amount paid for hotel upgrades is non-refundable and non-transferrable to a credit.
- The applicant agrees to present a negative PCR test upon arrival that is valid for not more than 72 hrs.
- In the case of that the Applicant get infected with the COVID-19, the applicant will cover any cost associated, this includes but not limited to:
- Any medical or treatment cost.
- PCR Testing.
- Transportation to the medical care facility.
- Additional room or accommodation for self-isolation.
- The applicant acknowledges the contagious nature of COVID-19 and the public health authorities still recommend practicing social distancing and other prevention methods. I further acknowledge that NomuHub has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. I further acknowledge that NomuHub cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, staff, and other clients and their families.
- NomuHub will facilitate the COVID-19 PCR testing (if required) for the applicant to conduct before traveling back to the home country, the COVID-19 PCR test cost will be covered by the Applicant.
Still have questions?
You may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly on our Whatsapp number +968 9358 0983. Please note that you may experience a longer than usual response time. We’d appreciate your understanding and patience in regards to this matter.